Staff colloquium is a
committee wherein invited lectures, deliberations, interactions on issues
affecting general public from staff members or invited professionals
are organized for the benefit of staff members.
- Staff Colloquim/Welfare Committee organized a presentation on 03.02.2017 on Dena Bank’s Digital Banking products to the faculty, non- faculty & students of the College.
- The presentation basically covered Next Gen Payment Solutions, Dena Bank Debit Cards / Prepaid Cards, Offers on Platinum Rupay Debit Cards, Dena Easy POS, E-wallets, IMPS etc. and demonstration of Dena Aadhaar pay POS, Dena Bank E-UPI app & BHIM app.
- Bank’s DGM-IT, Shri. Sitaram.B.S. & AGM-Mktg. Shri V.G.Senthilkumar along with other officers from the bank gave the said presentation on Digital Payment Products.
The staff colloquium and welfare committee organised an event on 22nd July 2016. This was a talk by Dr. Goyal on Preventive cardiology. He spoke about mild heart attacks and preventive measures that can avoid angioplasts.
Ms. Reshmi Varghese gave us an insight about burns and the procedure of skin grafting. They also enlightened us about skin donation peocedures. She was associated with the Inner wheel NGO. Ms. Meera spoke about the NGO and organ donation drive carried out by Rotract.
The committee of the college will continue to plan such endeavours for the welfare of the staff.
Mithibai Staff Colloquium hosted a talk by our Principal on 13th February 2017.
Principal, Mithibai College, Dr. Rajpal Shripat Hande was nominated by British Council as a part of DICE (Design Innovation Creativity Entrepreneurship) Immersion 2017 Educator’s Delegation to UK held from Jan 29th to Feb 4th 2017. The delegation was led by Dr. Indu Shahani, President and Chairperson ISME and ISDI- WPP and supported by British Council. Study areas covered during the visit were Opportunities in Higher Education in UK, Indo-UK Trade, UK Political System, Brexit, School Education System in UK etc. The Institutes visited were-
1. KINGS COLLEGE
2. UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER
3. YORK St. JOHN UNIVERSITY
4. LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
5. LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL
6. WARWICK BUSINESS SCHOOL
7. BATH UNIVERSITY
8. UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON
9. SOAS UNIVERSITY
11.UNIVERSITY OF LIVERPOOL
Apart from these Institutions of Higher learning, the delegation was given warm reception by High level dignitaries in Mumbai, by Honourable Governor of Maharashtra Shri. Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao, British Consulate, US Consulate and in London by Lord Karan Bilimoria at House of Lords, Mr. G. P. Hinduja at Hinduja House and British High Commission at British Council.
Sir shared his experience, enriched us with his encouraging talk and suggested opportunities and collaborative programmes for both faculty and students.
He highlighted the learning and takeaways-
- Possibilities of Memoranda of Understanding with the above-said Universities
- Designing SVKM’s Mithibai’s Programmes for International students
- Designing International Programmes for SVKM’s Mithibai students drawing ideas from
- York St. John University
- University of Bath
- University of East London
- University of Liverpool
- London School of Economics
- University of Oxford
- Crafting English Language Courses
- Proposing India Studies Programme
- Blueprinting Semester / One year Programmes
- Modeling Research Internship programmes
- Drafting English Language Course for a semester- English Lab
- Planning Collaborative Programmes with International Institutes
- Visiting Universities for Student and Faculty Exchange Programmes
- Appreciating and understanding the process of Event Management.
- Understanding International Protocols, Etiquettes and Ethics.
- Planning and Management of High-level Delegations.
- Organizing International High level Delegation.
Outcome at Mithibai College-
Immediately after return of principal from UK, a Cell providing information regarding UK studies has been set up at Mithibai College, with Dr. Anjali Patkar as the convener, to aid the faculty and students regarding the same.